Easy and tasty dessert. Not too sweet and very light for a cheesecake.
- 1 ½ lbs cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ cups heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Let cold ingredients warm to room temperature, if possible.
- Pre-heat oven to 475°F convection with rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line a 7-inch cake pan with parchment paper, making sure that parchment fully covers all the sides of the pan.
- Add softened cream cheese and sugar to a large mixing bowl. Mix until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Crack the five eggs into a bowl. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Slowly add the beaten eggs to the cream cheese mixture. Fold and stir constantly, until fully combined and the batter is completely smooth.
- Add the cream, salt, and vanilla. Stir until completely smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the bottom of the pan to the countertop to pop any air bubbles.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes or until the top is very dark (if using a 9-inch pan, check after 30-35 minutes instead). The edges should be set but the center should still be very jiggly. The center of the cake should read about somewhere around 155°F (68°C) for a softer center. Remove from the oven. Let cool at room temperature for a few hours then cover and cool in the fridge for at least an hour before slicing.